miércoles, 25 de abril de 2012

Speaking English

Speaking English:

Today, I’m going to talk about languages. And to change a bit and break the status quo, I’ve decided that I’m going to write in English, which, as we all know, is a language, indeed. For the last two years of my life, that is 9th and 10th grade, I’ve been living in the US. As you can imagine, after so much time there, I’ve come to speak English just as fluently as Spanish. Even though before I could manage to speak English and understand it, it had nothing to do with what it’s like today. Now, I can perfectly think in English and I don’t understand it by translating from Spanish. In fact, I’m very bad at translation. I know words in English that I don’t know how to say in Spanish. Anyways, the point is that the way that learning a language works in our heads is very interesting. When I was young I could not say a single word in English and now the whole language is in my head. It’s as if in ten years time I’m writing this article in Chinese just as fast as I’m writing it now. I’m amazed at the capacity of the human being to store so much information in the brain.

Juan R.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario